10 Reasons to Choose Poolpod.
1. A FUTUREPROOF SOLUTION: JOIN A GLOBAL TREND TOWARDS PLATFORM ACCESS:
Poolpod is only part of a trend. There is growing evidence from around the world of a strong movement towards pool access platform lifts. In many territories legislation and guidance is converging on platform lifts as the right best way to provide pool access in the 21st century. Many new build pools are now designed with pool platform access is mind, and many existing pools are adopting platform lifts. Poolpod is both the best pool platform lift in its class and is also the most economic platform lift system.
2. POOLPOD IS CHEAPER THAN ITS COMPETITORS:
When assessed in this market, the price of a Poolpod system is highly competitive. Compared to alternative platform lifts such as Solobain costing around £30,000 or the Variopool system, which is available at a similar price, Poolpod can appear the cost saving option. When compared with platform lifts used to make buildings generally accessible the cost of Poolpod is comparable to the cost of making other parts of a building accessible. In addition if the economic case is a driving factor see reason 7 that unpicks the economics behind Poolpod.
3. POOLPOD IS ENDORSED BY BEST PRACTICE GUIDANCE FOR SPORTS FACILITIES:
Sport England guidance gives good reasoning behind adopting a submersible platform lift in the following exert below:
“Submersible Platform Lifts: Submersible platform lifts provide a flexible and more dignified means of entering a swimming pool for a person unable to walk or having limited mobility. The platform is similar to a moveable pool floor providing a lift set into the pool surround. It enables a wheelchair user to enter and leave a pool with the minimum of assistance.
Hoists: Mechanical assistance should be available to help disabled swimmers into the pool. Some swimmers prefer to be assisted into and out of the water by helpers rather than risk embarrassment by using a slow-moving aid such as a hoist. Hoists are potentially a serious risk to any untrained helper and therefore should only be operated by members of staff trained in their use. When not in use they should be secured against unauthorised use. Hoists are available in a range of styles. The design and management implications should be considered at a very early stage in the development of the project.”
Quoted from: http://www.sportengland.org/media/30246/Accessible-Sports-Facilities-2010.pdf
4. CHOOSING POOLPOD ENSURES UK SERVICE PROVIDERS FULFILL THEIR LEGAL OBLIGATIONS:
The disability discrimination act states that: it is unlawful for a provider of services to discriminate against a person with a disability — in the standard of service which he provides to the person with a disability or the manner in which he provides it to him;
Poolpod provides the most equal standard of access in a practical affordable system. To fulfill these requirements a pool access system should answer the following points:
- The access system must operated by the disabled person themselves.
- The access system should allow disabled people to enter the pool quickly and easily without having to make a transfer from a wheelchair at the poolside.
- The system controls should not discriminate against persons with left or right side injuries (as is common after a stroke).
- The system should not discriminate by being complicated for a person to use.
- The system controls should not discriminate against users with visual impairment.
- The system controls should not discriminate against users with motor control problems.
- The system should avoid objectifying users.
- The access system should cater for those who don’t use a wheelchair and should not require all disabled users to sit down in a wheelchair.
- The access system should be capable of being called from the water – the user should not have to ask a life guard for help.
5. IT LOOKS GOOD:
Poolpod looks good on a poolside. With a sporty design Poolpod just looks right on a poolside, unfortunately many hoists are not designed with looks in mind. Having the great looks of Poolpod on your poolside makes a statement, and visibly demonstrates your centre’s commitment to disabled access and community inclusion.
Poolpod has many safety features such as the overlapping arms that leave no gap for trapped fingers. Some pool hoists have linkages that could trap a person’s limbs or fingers. Poolpod is provided with a remote control stop device so that a lifeguard can intervene if necessary without compromising on the level of independence granted to disabled users.
7. POOLPOD CAN BENEFIT THE BOTTOM LINE:
Independent research shows that disabled people are not swimming nearly as much as the average population. Evidence shows that replacing a typical hoist with a Poolpod increases swimming by disabled people.
Two more disabled admissions per day at £4 each results in £2920.00 additional annual revenue. Up-front a Poolpod may require around £11,000 in additional investment however this could easily be paid back in less than 4 years. And disabled people are frequently accompanied by others increasing admissions yet further. The design life of a Poolpod is 10 years allowing scope for the product to generate positive income for a facility after a 4 year payback period.
8. LESS DEMAND ON STAFF
Poolpod is electric so there is no more of the tedious winding or pumping on manual hoists. Poolpod can be used independently or with minimum assistance – so staff are allowed to perform their normal duties rather than assisting disabled people.
9. IT’S MOBILE:
Poolpod is a mobile platform lift that can be retrofitted in a matter of hours. Being mobile (using the systems transport trolleys) means that the lift can be moved between locations on the poolside to reconfigure the pool if required and can be remove from the poolside for example for races, pool parties or when necessary.
10. POOLPOD BENEFITS MANY POOL USERS:
- Disabled customers (both existing and new ones)
- Their friends and families accompanying them
- Customers with children
- Some older customers who may not consider themselves disabled but who do appreciate easier access.
- All pool users who feel positive about being in a state-of-the-art and welcoming facility.